A new scholarship program that aims to support the country’s future scientists and engineers is set to be launched on Thursday, May 17.
The program, entitled, “SuperFund Scholarships for Science and Engineering,” intends to raise P5 billion in 5 years to enable the best and brightest Filipino youth to pursue studies and careers in science and engineering.
It aspires to develop young minds that can become catalysts for future innovations and investments in technology and ultimately catapult the Philippines to the ranks of developed countries.
The funds will cover all the fees of its scholars for the duration of his/her undergraduate/Master’s/PhD education. The partner companies will also cover mentorship and summer internship programs to further enhance the skills and capacities of the scholar.
To be eligible for the scholarships, one must:
- be in the top 5 % of the high school graduating class
- have been admitted to a SuperFund partner university. For school year 2012, the partner universities are: Ateneo De Manila; Central Luzon State; De La Salle; Mapua; Mindanao State University – Iligan; the University of the Philippines (Diliman and Los Baños); and the University of San Carlos
- pursue a science or engineering degree
- be a Filipino citizen, without pending immigration application to any foreign country
- be of good mental, physical, and emotional health
- have a good moral character
To read the whole article, please click here.